Friday, November 03, 2006

Thanks, but No Thanks

Dear Friends and Family,

After lots of weighing the pros and cons of the
job offer, I've decided not to take it. On the positive, it got me together with Mr. mouse, it paid for relocation and it was a 25% increase in compensation. On the negative, it didn't move my career in the direction I want it to go, it was a lateral move and I had doubts about career development/advancement since they seem to be recruiting pretty heavily from a particular management consulting firm.

So, all in all, I wasn't jazzed about it and I was leaning towards not taking it. That was on Monday. Now that we have the house offer, I feel I have even more flexibility in figuring this out and even less inclination to take it. I don't think I can give it my "all." If I feel that way, now, before I'm at the job, that's not a good sign.

I got some good advice from good friends. They all support me on my decision. Mr. mouse does as well. Most importantly, my gut tells me it's the right decision. So, my answer today will be thanks, but no thanks.

Onto the next adventure.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: