Monday, July 14, 2008

07.14.08: Overindulgent Weekend

Dear Friends and Family,

Trixie came out to visit for the weekend, and I had a blast.

Friday, we had our Q2 update with our financial planner over a glass of wine on the roof. Then, Mr. mouse, Trixie and I went to Francesca's Forno for dinner before heading over to Violet Hour for cocktails. We split an appetizer of prosciutto with figs, Parmesan and olive oil. And, I had the rigatoni with sausage and peppers. Cocktails? Delicious as always, but I can't recall the name of the one I got - Secaucus Sling? I could be totally making that up.

Saturday, we slept in. And, since the threat of rain was hanging over our heads, we opted to spend the day shopping. We hit a bunch of stores all having their end of summer sales. And, I found the cutest dress. Unfortunately, it'll mean packing lunch and no coffee for the rest of the month. But, it was worth it. I think I'll be able to manage the budget.

We came home and had some time to unwind, show Trixie a couple of hands of mah jong, and enjoy some wine and crackers. We met up with Chef M to do a rosemary rescue transfer (the rosemary wasn't doing well on his deck and he suspected it was due to a lack of adequate sunshine) before heading out to dinner. We went back to Lao Shanghai for dinner and had the soupy dumplings, the braised pork belly, the short ribs in special sauce, the seafood casserole and stir fried vegetables. And, then, for dessert we had pie and cupcakes and banana pudding and flourless chocolate decadence from Sweet Mandy B's. A couple more hands of mah jong, and we were out for the night.

Sunday dawned bright and sunny with a cool breeze and no humidity - a perfect day for a walk. And, walk we did, for about seven miles before taking the train home. We hung out on the deck and I even got in a little hammock nap before we all got a little sun drunk and a little crispy and started searching for some shade. We repotted the rosemary (I have hope, there are some green spots) and started looking at dinner options. We decided on Mado - a place focusing on local, fresh, organic food. Trixie's friend from the Twin Cities joined us. I had the country pate, a coddled egg with peas, and pasta with pesto. And, then we snuck into Spring for a cocktail (Spring Sling) and dessert (chocolate mousse) before calling it a night. Actually, Mr. mouse and I called it a night. Trixie and the friend went back to Violet Hour for cocktails.

And, now it's Monday. And, while the weekend was fantastic, I have a sneaking suspicion the scale isn't going to be as happy tomorrow. I'll have to be good this week. And, since my ankle held up on Sunday, I'm okay with hitting the gym on Tuesday. Yeah!


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: