Thursday, July 24, 2008

Electricity Tracking: July 2008

Dear Friends and Family,

We got the next electricity bill. And, at 536 kWh, it's definitely up from last month's 336 kWh. That's 200 kWh of A/C, my friends. I'm not complaining, it's still down a whopping 55% from last year's 1,187 kWh.

I have more good news on the green front. I found a potential option for our roof. The key search terms were vertical axis wind turbine residential. The vertical axis is key for roof mounted applications which would be the case in our situation.

Mariah Power has a unit, the Windspire, that generates 2,000 kWh a year. By my math, we'd need two to meet our general needs, three if we wanted a some of our A/C covered. It's got potential. Will have to mull it over and keep an eye out for alternatives.


Cheers!
mouse

1 comment:

Mike Hess said...

Wait for the 3kW version that comes out next year by Mariah will answer your problem at price you can afford.