Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Nagging, Unfinished Tasks Pledge

Dear Friends and Family,

I read a term yesterday which ties into a new "thing" I've been pondering for the latter half of this year. There was CHAOS (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome) and now there is NUTS (Nagging, Undone Tasks). Both weigh heavily on me because they're emotional and mental baggage that needs to be schlepped throughout the day. Who needs that?

I remember a time when I had cleaning service. And, I loved it. The feeling of clean was so nice. But, I also remember that while I had cleaning service, I had to "clean" the day before. I know that seems counter-productive. But, it makes total sense. Noah couldn't vacuum if I didn't pick everything up off the floor. He couldn't clean the sink and the counter tops if I didn't put everything away first. He couldn't dust the coffee table if I didn't go through all of the papers.

He came every other week. So, every other Tuesday I would have to clean to prepare. I've decided, even if we don't have cleaning service anymore, there's no reason I can't spend every other Tuesday organizing and every other Wednesday cleaning. That way, we have our weekends free to enjoy and to tackle unfinished tasks (like Mr. mouse's car this past weekend, that felt so good to have it fixed). Not sure how long this will last or how it'll go, but I'm going to give it a try. It certainly can't hurt.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: