Friday, July 11, 2008

Financial Plan Update

Dear Friends and Family,

When we met with our financial adviser in Q1, I had high hopes of retiring in 2013. I know that's a far way off and I'm still young. But, it wasn't really retiring, but it was the fiscal ability to go after "my true calling" and "follow my passion" and "make my mark."

But, with the stock market the way it is, I'm sure we'll hear a very different story when we meet with him today. And, it's been rough on me, the past month, watching the numbers go up and down. It's like one step forward forty steps back. I know I'm in it for the long haul, but I'm not sure if my short game doesn't need a little revising.

The whole thing has left me feeling a little bummed. Coupled with a couple of blah days at work, it makes me wonder if life doesn't need a course adjustment. Perhaps we'll get good news and find out we're still on track for 2013. Somehow, it's hard to be optimistic about this one.

Perhaps I'm just bummed I need to go in on a Friday, in the rain.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: