Wednesday, August 16, 2006

100th Blog Milestone

Dear Friends and Family,

This is post #100 according to Blogger. Wow!

I feel the need to talk about something extra special.

Trixie loaned me a book called Maybe Baby, ISBN# 0060737816. And, one of the stories really resonated with me.

There's something I've struggled with over the past year with Mr. mouse. He has THE life. He's got a job he loves at a company he loves. He's been regularly recognized and promoted for his efforts. He took four years to make THE move with the ability to wait for the right opportunity. He lives in a city he loves at a house he loves. He's got a partner he loves (moi!) and friends he really likes too. Overall, what's not to like? Sounds perfect.

Then, there's me. I'm in a job that doesn't fulfill me. It's a dead end job at a company I know I will be leaving. I'm in a house that's for sale living in limbo for the past year. I'm in a city I know I will be leaving with friends I will miss. I have the pressure (internal and external) to make the move as efficiently as possible making me feel like I have a lot less time to find THE right job.


In all, I feel like I have nothing to his everything.

So, where does that leave Baby? Well, he's the one that really wants one and I am still very indifferent. And, I'm always concerned at the sacrifices a child adds. What if I'm the one that ultimately ends up sacrificing more? The statistics say probability runs that way. Baby has a high likelihood to adding to his everything and taking away from my nothing - widening the gap instead of narrowing it.

There's a point to all this... What have I learned by reading? I'm getting older. That's a stat we're not changing. That's a risk I have been and am still willing to take. But, I am going to take my sweet time. I am going to do what I need to do to feel I have something before taking on the endeavor of Baby. And, it's okay. If I use four years as well, and it ends up too late, it's not all my fault. Mr. mouse used four as well, and he's the one who wants one. I'm okay with that.

I'll tell him my new found revelations once I'm back home. He's always supportive of everything. And, really, what choice does he have in the matter? Truly? When it's time, it's time. And, there's no rushing time. And, impatience will only make time go slower. We've certainly not going to attempt Baby if both parties aren't willing to sign on the dotted line.

Switching topics completely, we flew into Fort Lauderdale for another business meeting. We took an earlier flight yesterday which gave us time for a decent dinner. I had crawfish etouffee. Yum! It cost me 17 of my 22 points for the day, but was absolutely worth every point. I'm still savoring it. I'm going to try and sneak in a quick swim this morning.

The tooth? No change from yesterday? I have an appointment Friday to have it looked at.

The ocean beckons.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: