Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Fast Food Nation

Dear Friends and Family,

Recently, it seems like I've been living at the airport. Maybe, because I have. Wednesday, I came out to see Mr. mouse. Thursday, I went back. Friday, I left for Seattle but only made it as far as Denver. Saturday, Seattle. Sunday, back home. Monday, out to see Mr. mouse. Tuesday: a blissful birthday break. Wednesday, back home.

All this flying inevitably means I'm eating at the airport sometimes. And, the food options at the airport. Tricky, tricky, tricky... So, what's my game plan? Option 1, plan ahead, eat ahead. But, let's say that fails miserably...

Sushi

It's a lot more common at airports now than when you and I were growing up. Mostly, made ahead rolls of decent quality. Each piece is ~1/2 point. most containers range from 9 - 12 pieces. 9 pieces = 4 Weight Watchers points, 12 pieces = 6 points. The soy sauce, wasabi and ginger, all free.

Subway

Another good option, is Subway. Their turkey breast, ham, turkey breast and ham subs. 6" sub on white or wheat without cheese or mayo are 5 points each. Add a bag of Lays Baked Chips (original) for another 2 points. Meal in a bag.

McDonald's or Burger King

The last resort. But, it happens. Friday night, I had a Whopper Jr. no mayo no cheese. 6 points. And, a side salad, no dressing, no croutons. 0 points. Most people don't take their salad so extreme. I actually prefer it that way.

Gotta run. It's time to fly.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: