Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Catching Up on Info from Last Night

Dear Friends and Family,

I had grandiose plans for a long post... My old boss left the company and yesterday was the first day without his evil presence at work. But, somehow, I don't care enough to spend the time and energy to write a long post about it. Duly noted: he's gone from my life and I can move on.

Last night, my neighbors had me over for dinner. We went to a local bike shop to pick out a helmet for my noggin. Basically, the protection level is the same across all of them so it's a matter of trying them on for fit. It's like scuba goggles, it's all about fit. And the winner is...

Specialized Air Force Helmet
Specialized Air Force Helmet


We went for a quick "ride" when we got home. Basically, we went to the parking lot a block away and I tried getting on the bike. I came back to me pretty to quickly, at least the basics did. Then, we rode home together. He's a lot faster than I am. A) I haven't figured out gears yet. B) I still get really dicey with corners. C) I get nervous downhill so I apply the brakes more on them. D) He's probably in a lot better shape than I am. But, I'm equipped now. I think I'll try going for a bike ride in the mornings since it's still light out. Not today, today, I have my personal training session. Maybe later this week.

Food. What to write about today? Sorry to let you down. The food post will be coming tomorrow. I need to get ready for the gym. Ugh. Too tired for the gym.


Cheers!
mouse

1 comment:

Trixie said...

hang in there mousie. may i be so bold as to recommend: lighten up on the brakes, coast a bit, and know that you WILL round the corner in one piece. xoxo