Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Happy Birthday, Mouse

Dear Friends and Family,

It's my birthday :)

I came out and stayed with Mr. mouse.

Big day ahead of us today. Going to the salon for some new eyebrows. Then, headed out for some new shoes and a new "interview" suit. My old one magically turned into a potato sack. Then, over to the store to get a new cell phone.

Then... drum roll, please...

King Tut
We're off to see the King Tut Exhibit at the Field Museum. I can't wait! I'm a huge Egyptology fan - fourth to sixth grade, it was my absolute obsession.

Dinner to follow and maybe Hot Chocolate for dessert.

A bunch of little chores as well: call our neighbor to get the contact for roof repair (had another incident), finish assembling a chair that needs a drill bit, mail our other neighbor a key, and I'm sure I'm forgetting something...

Now, a retrospective on the past year which has gone so quickly. I guess a lot has changed, but a lot has stayed the same. This time last year, we had just sold the "Ranch". In the fall, we bought the "Brownstone". We moved the bulk of our stuff from the "Winter Cabin" to clear up space there. We lost a dear friend and realized another had grown from a boy to a young man. Mr. mouse got promoted. I found my health, or at least I'm well on my way - 10 more pounds to being "normal" on the whole BMI scale. Work is still a debacle, but I've got the time and energy to focus on that now.

I'm sure the year to come will be as exciting, but, all in all, this past year wasn't all that bad either.


Cheers!
mouse

PS: Food thoughts either tomorrow or Thursday.

1 comment:

Trixie said...

God I'm horrible - didn't even know the actual date of your birth. I promise the appropriate celebration soon. XOXO Mousie - happiest birthday!!!