Monday, August 07, 2006

Weekend Update

Dear Friends and Family,

I hope I'm coherent as I try to recap our weekend.

Mr. mouse came over Friday to mow the lawn. We had an open house on Saturday.

In a parallel universe... We had an association barbecue, Saturday, with the neighbors at the mouse pad. I met all of my neighbors for the first time. They were all very cool. I'm glad, as I love all of the neighbors I've had so far. It was funny talking about the renovations everyone has done over the years. They've given me inspiration for our place.

We also had some time after the barbecue to assemble some of the furniture Mr. mouse got on clearance. Namely, we assembled the ottoman and the hammock. We both promptly fell asleep in our respective pieces for a couple of hours. Mr. mouse loves his ottoman and I absolutely LOVE my hammock.

mouse's hammock
We got a call Sunday from one of Mr. mouse's bestest friends. She was in town for a family wedding and wanted to get together. So, we headed out to meet everyone for lunch. Wow! Do kids grow quickly! How does that happen?!?!


Back in this world... The lowlight of Sunday was returning to the mouse house to find... (on second thought, ask me about this one the next time you see me... Frenchie, not in front of the cubicle-mates) WTF?!?! I was so pissed, angry, annoyed, angry, scared, angry, freaked out, angry it ruined my whole night. Thank god nothing happened, but, still, I had a lot of trouble getting settled and falling asleep last night.

So, the agent was pretty glib about the whole thing... Says it sometimes happens. That annoyed me as much as the incident itself. He's gonna get a good talking to later today. I'm on a rampage.

I'll close with a Weight Watchers update. Contrary to all the advice I've read on the boards, I've decided not to force feed myself the extra points. In fact, based on my math, I'm going to try reducing my daily point intake by a single point - which is something like 50 calories. I figure instead of stair-stepping down two points every 25 pounds, I'll stair-step one point every 12.5 pounds. I'll see how this week goes and if it works for me, I think it makes a lot more sense than last week did. The thing that concerns me was everyone writing about your body going in starvation mode and starting to hoard calories. We'll see how this week goes.

Here's to no repeats of last night.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: