Monday, August 14, 2006

Weekend Update

Dear Friends and Family,

Another Monday, another weekend update.

Mr. mouse came over Friday night to mow the lawn. We had our neighbors over for wine and movie. We watched
Eight Below. Typical Disney movie, but I was still glad when ***spoiler alert*** the dogs got saved in the end.

Saturday, we braved the airport, to go visit grandma. The lines at the airport weren't bad. We didn't bring any liquids, gels or creams with us, so we didn't attempt luggage check-in. Walked to the gate and boarded the plane. Not much outside of the normal process from what we could tell - the chaos from Thursday and Friday had passed.

We went out to dinner with my parents on Saturday night for my favorite soon tofu. There was a good
article on the wall while we were waiting for a table. Here's a picture of the soup. It's so spicy and creamy and healthy, I'm sure there's a catch somewhere.

soon dubu chigae
Sunday, we headed home to prepare for open house #2. We made sure the house was all "set up" and then headed out to the movies. I won movie passes at work, so we spent the afternoon hugely entertained.
The Devil Wears Prada made both of us laugh so hard. It reminded me of what I love about New York and what I hate about New York.

Sunday night, I got curious as to who was planting cookies on my computer. So, I set the cookies on my computer to manual prompt. OMG! It's ridiculous the number of sites tracking stuff. It was an eye opener. I'm experimenting this week to see what comes of it all. But, if you want to have a look, go to
  1. tools
  2. internet options
  3. privacy
  4. advanced
  5. choose prompt for both options
  6. OK and OK
  7. watch and be horrified
I'm not sure where this all will end, but, I feel marginally better that I'm taking a more active role in all this.

The best part of the weekend? Talking to grandma and seeing that she's doing okay.


Cheers!
mouse

1 comment:

Trixie said...

Oh man - great article. Left my mouth watering for that dish you had. Ok, where can we get this in the Midwest??? I'd be up for doing it in Chicago even. Or maybe it will have to wait for the New York trip???? YUM!