Thursday, August 10, 2006

Satisfied, Sigh

Dear Friends and Family,

Yawn. Good morning. Work is still uber slow. I met up with Trixie last night for a walk and dinner.

We got in about five miles which felt great. I've been getting weights in pretty consistently, but I've been really bad about getting any kind of cardio in. So, last night was a great step in the right direction. Get it? Great step? I crack myself up. The walk was a great opportunity to catch up on everything going on in both our lives.

We went out for Vietnamese afterward. Mmm. I love Vietnamese. It's also very doable on the Weight Watchers routine, unlike Thai, which I've pretty much had to give up since joining. Okay, you don't have to give it up, you can have it in smaller portion sizes. I've done that with Indian. But, Thai, I haven't had the time to sit down and figure it out. The coconut milk in the curry is what kills you. Get it? Kills you? I really crack myself up! So things like Thai Basil Chicken are probably fine. I just haven't done the research yet.

So, the other "thing" I've been trying the last two weeks is going on a sharp budget restriction. Like a weekend fast, it's a way to cleanse, only on the material consumption side instead of the bodily consumption side. I've limited myself to $60 a week and am seeing how I'm doing. That includes all of the day-by-day purchases like gas, groceries, lunches out, etc. It's tough, but, it's definitely doable. I'll do it through the end of August. Then, it'll become more natural, and I won't track it on a week-by-week, dollar-by-dollar basis.

Still thinking about dinner from last night. It was so yummy.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: