Monday, January 22, 2007

01.22.07: More Home Prep

Dear Friends and Family,

Deja vu, all over again. The weekend was a flurry of activity getting our house ready for the party this upcoming weekend. I'm SO excited about seeing everyone again! I can hardly wait. Four more days...

  • We boxed all of the miscellaneous paperwork lying around the house. Figure we'll tackle the weekend after the party. It would have been our entire weekend to get through the piles of paper.
  • Mr. mouse set up a TV he bought so we now have TV - high def over the air free TV. I love it. I never turn it on, but, nevertheless, I love the concept of free TV. I almost feel like it's pirated or something, but, apparently there's such a thing in life as a free lunch.
  • We hung up the rest of our pictures. There's one mirror left to hang, and then I think we're about done with hanging things in the new place. It feels a lot more like home with all the wall "art" up. Plus, I think it looks pretty darn good, the placement we went for and everything, if I do say so myself.
  • We rearranged the living room furniture and the dining room furniture so that it looks like a place people live vs. a recent tornado zone. The couch and wedge are in the living room. Our closeout Target stuff is in the dining room. We have a computer table.
  • And, on the furniture trend, we assembled more IKEA furniture for the bedroom to stash away all the clothing. We have two medium boxes of donate clothing - stuff that doesn't fit anymore. Yeah!
  • Last but not least, we assembled another deck box and put the rest of our deck cushions on the deck. So, the upstairs hallway is almost clear.
It doesn't sound like a ton work, but it was a ton of work getting it all done this weekend. Sadly, it takes having company over to motivate us to work all weekend. Otherwise, we'd do like one bullet point, and spend the rest of the weekend relaxing and watching the game and stuff. How lame are we? C'est la vie. Maybe we should have more parties, to be more motivated to clean and stuff. Now, there's an idea :)


Cheers!
mouse

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm the exact same when it comes to needing company to motivate me to do house work. We are not lame...we just have more interesting/desirable things we'd rather be doing (at least that's my rationalizing). I can't wait to see the mouse pad!
- Sara