Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Little Black Dress

Dear Friends and Family,

It's weigh-in day today.

I haven't lost a lot of weight in the last month, about a pound in four weeks. And, being it was the holidays followed by house closing compounded by lack of access to the gym, I'm okay with that. In fact, overall, at this point, I'm okay with losing a pound a month. What's weird is my density has been changing. Now, I've always been physically dense, but I've gotten more dense recently, if that makes any sense... So, my weight doesn't change, but my size changes dramatically. It's happened a couple of times in the past year. It's so weird.

Where does the little black dress fit into all of this? I had one that was a little too little. Don't we all? And, it was sitting in the closet as an aspirational goal. Well, by fall, I'd gotten close enough that I wanted to wear it to the wedding this past weekend. So, I kept it closer to the front. Tried it on every so often. Just kinda kept checking. And, it looked like it'd be fine... a little snugger than I'm comfortable with... but fine. Then, we packed it along with everything else we owned for the move. Well, this past weekend, I put it on for the wedding, and it was better than fine. It fit perfectly, if I do say so myself. And, I think it might end up being a one wear dress, unless I come to a screeching halt in my progress OR I have another event in the very near future. In one sense this is nothing to complain about. In another, it was my little black dress with some very classic lines and I'm disappointed to lose it as an option and an aspiration. Still, I'm glad I had the opportunity to wear it when it was just right.

Yesterday, I noticed this phenomena as well. A pair of pants from last November... add it to the donate/consignment pile. This is getting to be an expensive proposition. I'm more complaining because I don't really have time to go shopping between now and the beginning of February. Then, I might as well look for spring clothes. It'll be fun to get the spring wardrobe. I haven't been this excited about getting new clothes in a long time.

I have a hot date with the elliptical and free weights tonight.


Cheers!
mouse

1 comment:

Trixie said...

Hey spring has sprung in retail terms...you should have plenty of luck. And online is where it's at - even if you need to return, they make it pretty easy. Try Banana, Gap, even Old Navy for inexpensive but nice work stuff. Also try Limited - pants in short, reg & long...like the variety! Luck my friend! xoxox