Thursday, January 11, 2007

Cho Dang Soon Tofu Village

Dear Friends and Family,

Another night at the gym, another dinner out. It's a good thing I've been saving money packing my lunch. Otherwise, we'd be eating dinner at home a lot more often. I love soon tofu. In case you missed my last blog post on it, it's here.

Cho Dang is one of my favorite soon tofu places in town. It's consistently delicious. The broth is rich and spicy. The tofu is mild and creamy. And, the rice is served in a hot bowl and develops (depending upon the night and our luck) a most delectable char. I love charred rice. It's like candy, only better.

We discussed whether the place deserves an eight or a nine rating. If the rice was consistently perfect, I'd give it a nine. But, sometimes the char is missing and sometimes it sticks too much to the bowl. So, we settled on an eight, but it's a high eight. The added bonus is it's low in points so I can have it without any guilt about negating my workout.

Mr. mouse ordered the combo which comes with seafood soon tofu and a side of kalbi. I ordered the mixed soon tofu which is a blend of beef and seafood. We both get them at "typical" spiciness which is spicy without being outrageously hot. The kalbi is good, standard cut of meat, slightly sweet marinade, brought out pre-grilled on a plate shaped like a cow. Don't ask. But, yes, they also have pig shaped plates.


Overall rating: 8/10

Cho Dang Soon Tofu Village
1719 West Algonquin Road
Mt. Prospect, IL 60056
(847) 956-8638


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: