Thursday, January 25, 2007

10 Ways to Help Boost Your 'Good' Cholesterol

Dear Friends and Family,

There must be a more elegant way to do title links, but I don't have the time this morning to figure it out. I read an article yesterday on niacin and its benefits on good cholesterol. So, this morning I decided to check out WebMD to see if there was any additional information. And, there was. Yeah!

10 Ways to Help Boost Your 'Good' Cholesterol
  1. orange juice
  2. niacin
  3. glycemic load
  4. choosing better fats
  5. soy
  6. enough time
  7. alcohol in moderation
  8. aerobic exercise
  9. stopping smoking
  10. losing weight
I have a freebie health screening at work on 2/1 with an optional $35 cholesterol test. I'm not sure of its accuracy compared to the one I had done at the lab last fall, but figured it would still be another data point in this whole journey. So, I'll do the 12 hour fast and get pricked and see where I'm at. If the HDL is still low, I've got 10 good suggestions on trying to raise it.

Gotta run and finish some slides for work.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: