Friday, January 12, 2007

Wellness Update - 01.12.07

Dear Friends and Family,

To keep life nice and neat and organized, I'm writing two separate posts today. One on work and one on wellness.

I think I've got a handle on the lunch routine. It's a lot simpler than I was anticipating. The cafeteria is atrocious. There are no places to eat out. So, I bring my lunch every day. Eating healthy? Not a problem. Points control? Done. Save money? Easy peasy.

Now the gym is an altogether more difficult proposition. The work one, while convenient on the surface is not so convenient. There are moving gates and locked doors and restricted access and multiple parking lots that make me feel like Mario in a Nintendo game gone awry mixed in with a little Sydney Bristow from Alias when trying to go to the gym after work. Does it need to be that complicated? Cheap, but a lot of hassle. Add to that the old and limited equipment and the unfriendly free weights area and it make working out work instead of fun.

I went to tour another facilities. It's a lot nicer and I went yesterday for a free workout. I like the elliptical. And, a lot of the machines are similar. The leg press, glutes machine, dips and pull-ups machines aren't ideal. But, the rest of it is good. I have to meet the pilates instructor. If that works, this might be a workable answer. Next week, I'm going to tour a third gym in the area. And then make a call on which will be a long term solution. For now, next week, I'll use the one at work.



Cheers!
mouse

No comments: