Thursday, January 11, 2007

Category Miscounts

Dear Friends and Family,

I love the category feature in new Blogger. It's one of the main reasons I made the switch to new Blogger - using Firefox to manage all of the random cookie issues with making the switch. But, there's a glitch in the category count that's bugging me. Still have no clue how to fix it. I wrote Blogger - yeah right... I'm hoping, somewhat optimistically, that they'll notice it, release a patch and the problem will solve itself. Otherwise, I'll just live with my miscounts.

Okay, what on earth am I talking about? If you label a post before publishing, it automatically adds the category to your post. And, the category count (in parenthesis) goes up by one. Voila. But, if you then modify that post (say you found a spelling error or wanted to add a post script) and then re-publish the post, the category count goes up again. But, really, there's no additional post... You'll see I'm off by two in work and by one in eating out. C'est la vie. It's annoying, but not enough for me to spend the time to figure out a fix.

My lame work around? I try to remember to remove the category label before editing a post. Then, re-label it once I re-post it. Usually it works, sometimes it doesn't. Then, I get annoyed with myself for forgetting. Sigh.

I am grateful these are my worries and not bigger things.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: