Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Sweet Justice

Dear Friends and Family,

You know who I'm talking about. Maybe not specifically, but in general... Ever work with someone you detest so much they make you physically ill? The one who's looking out for #1 regardless of the impact on the company, their fellow employees or the customer? The one who's all talk, no action? The one who thinks they're all that when they're really not much of anything at all? The one who despite all that gets away with it all? Unfortunately, we all probably have worked with him (or her) at some point in our career.

Well, "that person," made my day yesterday. I got an email from my manager telling me that "that person" was applying for a job in our department. Did I know him? Had I worked with him before? Could I recommend him? In 50 words or less, I made sure my manager knew what I thought of "that person." It felt good to know that there was a sense of balance in the world and that I wouldn't have to work with "that person" in my new job. Once is enough for anyone, and I've already had to work with him twice.


Cheers!
mouse

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If only we could all experience that kind of justice! Good for you. It sounds like you are finding your niche. See you in a little over a week!
- Sara