Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Boston Blackie's

Dear Friends and Family,

I hit the gym tonight, which means you can fairly easily deduce two things. I had extra activity points for dinner and I was famished by the time Mr. mouse picked me up. It was a close call between deep dish pizza and Blackie's for broasted chicken.

I'm a big broasted chicken fan - back from the Michigan days. So, we headed off for a fried, I mean broasted, chicken dinner. We ordered a half chicken for $6.99 and a side baked potato for $1.99. I had half the potato with a tsp of butter, 1 leg and 1 thigh for dinner. The chicken was crispy, but the batter was a little overdone. Mr. mouse has gone for lunch and said it's much better at lunch time. The meat is juicier and the batter is just right. I'm game for trying it again, since tonight seems like an anomaly. The food was fine, just not as good as I was expecting.

Needless to say, the portion sizes are ridiculous. We split one dinner and had leftovers.

Overall rating: 7/10

Boston Blackie's
222 East Algonquin Road
Arlington Heights, IL 60005
(773) 545-RIBS
http://www.bostonblackies.com/


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: