Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Good Meeting, Mouse

Dear Friends and Family,

I had a great day at work yesterday. It's been so long since I had one of those, it's really pretty sad. Don't get me wrong, I haven't had a bad day yet at the new job, although I have had slow days up front. And, I certainly haven't had one of those near postal days I had with pretty regular frequency near the end of my tenure at old work. But, yesterday was the first really good day I had at "new" work.

We had a long meeting scheduled for the afternoon. We walked in with a couple of blank sheets of paper and walked out with a pretty good plan of attack, if I do say so myself. The thing that made me happiest about the meeting was what I was able to contribute from a thought leadership and direction setting perspective. And, how good the team felt in accomplishing what they did yesterday afternoon. This is what it feels like to be on a winning team again.

I hate to say it, because I still miss all of my friends at old work a lot, but for me, now, after yesterday, the move has become worth it. The move was always worth it from a personal standpoint, in getting together with Mr. mouse, and from a financial standpoint, in reducing our monthly expenses by half, but from a work standpoint, I wasn't so sure. Yesterday, I felt sure. Another day, another corner turned.

I'm working from home today. No meetings. Just putting together slides based off of our plan from yesterday.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: