Monday, June 04, 2007

06.04.07: Twin Cities Time

Dear Friends and Family,

Just got home. Mr. mouse is headed home soon. Figured it was a good time to catch up on the weekend.

I flew over to the Twin Cities Friday for a dermatologist appointment bundled with some time with friends from old work and a 40th birthday party for one of my neighbors.

Friday morning, I got a request from a person to link to my blog from his. Huh. Okay. You can get to it from the comments area of my last weekend update if you're curious. I guess there's a first time for everything.

The dermatologist appointment was par for the course. After the skin exam, the docs (my usual doctor plus a resident) decided to remove an atypical mole that had formed on the palm of my hand. That's right, on the palm of my hand. They'll biopsy it. Hopefully it comes back as no news. For now, I'm treating it like I did all of the past moles. I've gotten good at wound care. Now, the resident. I gotta say, he was kinda hot. I could say more, but I won't. After the appointment, I met up with several friends from old work for lunch and then drinks. It was almost as if I hadn't been gone for six months... It was so good to catch up with all of them.

Then, I headed over to Trixie's. Trixie, Ms. Jordan and I headed out for some sushi and girl talk. Then, we headed back for some scrabble. I got bandanas for a bingo and Ms. Jordan, with the help of the dictionary, taught us several new words to add to the scrabble arsenal - camas, lich, soth and vang. Nicely done, Ms. Jordan.

We slept in Saturday morning. Then, I drove back to the old hood and met my neighbors for lunch - more sushi. I can never say no to sushi. I love it. After sushi, we headed for ice cream. Mmm. I love ice cream too. Then, it was over to the book store and Target before heading over for the party. Before I knew it, it was midnight, and I needed to get some shut eye before catching an early morning flight home. Mr. mouse's flight filled up, so I wanted to get home to spend some time with him.

Sunday, we spent the morning organizing and cleaning the house. Then, I napped while Mr. mouse did some shopping. We ate a gianormous dinner of salmon sashimi, rice, kalbi, kim chee and tofu before going up to the deck to enjoy the evening. A day well spent.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: