Thursday, June 14, 2007

Goal Weight, How does a Mouse Decide?!?!

Dear Friends and Family,

I can't seem to figure it out. Somewhere between now and six pounds from now, I'll be done with the weight loss part of Weight Watchers and onto the maintenance part. I figured I'd know when I got to my goal weight. But, now, I'm not sure I will. It wasn't an issue before, but now that I'm close, it kinda is.

My first goal weight is two pounds away. That's the weight I set for myself a year and a half ago when I started Weight Watchers. It didn't seem possible at the time so it was merely a concept of a goal weight. Now that I'm close, I need to keep that big picture in mind. That was my goal weight for the start of my weight loss journey and kept me satisfied for my first 10%.

Then, my second goal weight was two pounds lower. I wanted to keep a four pound range, two up and two down, from my goal weight, once I hit maintenance. And, I liked the idea of my original goal weight becoming the high end of my new range. That was my goal weight for the middle of my weight loss journey and kept me satisfied for my second 10%.

Then, I dropped my goal weight another two pounds. I wanted a nice round number, divisible by five, for my goal weight. My goal weight seemed too contrived. A nice round number is good. It felt right. And, that was my goal weight for the last part of my weight loss journey and kept me satisfied for my third 10%.

So, here I am. Having hit 10% three times. And, still no clue on this goal weight. I think the plateau rattled me. I was ready to declare victory almost five pounds heavier than my first goal weight and almost ten pounds heavier than my third goal weight. But, I broke through that plateau. Then, I hit my 30% mark. And, I think I look good right now. Maybe I should declare victory now. But, maybe I should power on for the last six pounds. I'm just not sure. I know at this point this is all in my head. And, I don't want to sound like I'm obsessing over it. Which I totally am. So, I'll stop now, before you haul social services in on me or call Mr. mouse telling him to make me stop the craziness.


Cheers!
mouse

1 comment:

Trixie said...

You could solve the world's problems without all of this running through your brain! :) I say: you have accomplished an amazing feat, you have worked your ass off (literally), and you HAVE already won...so many times over. Personally, I'm unsure where another 6 lbs would come from - I mean, if you had a "problem area" you were still unhappy with, fine. But I don't hear that you do. Maybe victory should be 30% and have nothing to do with the final number? You might find if you quit obsessing, the weight might find it's way off? Stay on track, stay healthy, stay beautiful and stay happy. Obsessive is NOT where it's at. You have other things to cycle to the top three list now...enjoy that. xoxoxox