Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Adobo Grill

Dear Friends and Family,

Friday night, after the baseball game, time on the deck with friends, and the last episode of The Price is Right, my cube neighbor, his wife, Mr. mouse and I headed over to Adobo Grill for dinner.

We ordered the guacamole as an appetizer. They come to your table and make it fresh for you table side. It's one of their signature dishes, and there's nothing like made-for-you guacamole, where you can see every ingredient that went in, with some warm tortilla chips.

For dinner, I ordered a second appetizer. I was too full from baseball park food to contemplate an entree. So, for dinner, I got the cazuelas, an earthenware casserole of chile brasied beef with potatoes. It's served with corn tortillas on the side. I guess you take the cazuelas and wrap it in the tortilla and chow down. The serving is just enough for four small corn tortillas. And, it filled a craving I had for something hot and spicy with flavors I don't normally use at home. Mr. mouse ordered the oven roasted pork tenderloin. I forgot to get a bite, so I can't attest to it, but he said it was yummy.


Overall rating: 8/10

Adobo Grill
2005 West Division Street
Chicago, IL 60622 map it
(773) 252-9990
http://www.adobogrill.com


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: