Tuesday, June 26, 2007

4 Pounds and Counting

Dear Friends and Family,

I'm not sure I've absorbed the impact of my last weigh-in quite yet. I lost two pounds last week when I was expecting to lose zero.

Thursday night I had a splurge night and went out for pizza and used 60% of my flex points in one sitting. But, I was starving, and I remember in the early days having not-so-hungry days and having eat-everything-in-sight days. And, I decided to listen to my body, and eat some fat. To make it sound worse than it is, I had a hamburger for lunch that day. But, here's the skinny on all of this... I don't do a great job of getting my healthy oils in each day. I'm hit or miss on them. So, my diet (as in food routine) is very low in fat. Sometimes, I just think it's just trying to tell me to get some extra fat in. I used my flex points for the pizza and went on with life. Friday, Saturday and Sunday I ate extra well to make up for Thursday night. And, I guess it all worked out.

Four pounds... That means, for those of you who are keeping track of this insanity, that I've hit my original goal weight. The last four pounds are a nice round numbers game and 100% psychological. I think we all agree four pounds up or down has zero impact on actual health.

Now before you begin counting all your chickens before they're hatched. It could be anywhere from 2 weeks (no way) to 24 weeks (God, I hope not) for the last four pounds. No worries. I'll keep you posted.


Cheers!
mouse

2 comments:

Trixie said...

mouse - congrats on hitting another milestone (even if it was an OLD milestone!)...you are right, 4 lbs won't matter now so it's allll about quality of life, enjoying the splurge now and again, and feeling good in your own skin. I salute you, my mouse friend!

my mom's a HUGE flylady fan and has been for years - sometimes those little baby steps can make such a difference. for me, lately, just having a set schedule or routine has really helped.

onward! xoxoxox

Anonymous said...

Grace and I got home from the WI tour on Friday night and I weighed two pounds more than when I left. Go figure.

Great going on the weight loss!

For me, it normally takes about two weeks to see the effect of the extra excercise or diet. I figure that I burn an extra 4000 (approx)calories per day (6 hours on the bike x 675 avg calories per hour). There is really no way to fully replace all of those calories without major supplements, and seven meals per day. Five days later, I am 3 lbs lighter than when I got home, and I bet next week, it will be down by 5 lbs.

I am afraid how thin I would be if I had your willpower to manage the diet the way you do. I really respect your commitment to the diet. I read an artical that referenced consistent excercise as the key to maintaining weight reduction. Now I just need to win the lottery to free up some time that this damn job keeps consuming.

Maybe the key ingredient is $2MM in the bank and a lifestyle that can live exclusively on the 8% average return.

Until then, we'll just have to sit back and enjoy the fireflies.

T-Roy