Friday, June 08, 2007

Crazy Theory #160

Dear Friends and Family,

I have a hunch... I think there's a link between the amount of sleep you get (and the quality of sleep you get) and weight loss.

I've noticed that it's not uncommon for me to lose 0.5 lbs after a great night's sleep. And, if I'm not sleeping a lot, to plateau. Now, there's a tiny piece of my brain that's wondering if all of our weekend fun/travels is exacerbating my weight loss plateaus. The weekend I broke through my plateau is the weekend we stayed in town and had friends visit us (aka a no travel weekend).

I'll get to test out my theory this weekend (if the 14 flex points makes a difference) and in two weekends which is our first "free" weekend at home. We'll see. And, in the name of "science," here's an article I read on the topic. But, for the record, I had my crazy theory before reading the article. It just gave me the impetus to write about it.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: