Thursday, June 28, 2007

Living Room - Phase I Accomplished

Dear Friends and Family,

After four days (1 hour plus a couple of extra minutes) of de-cluttering the living room, it's done. There's still more to do, but, all of the horizontal surfaces (the coffee table, two end tables, table by the door, couch, love seat, TV stand and floor have all been cleared of their major clutter components.

I guess a thorough cleaning is next on the list. I'll do 15 minutes of light cleaning tonight (dusting), but I'll wait until the next go-through of the living room to do anything major. I think you hit each room each month. So, it won't be for another couple of weeks, but it's not like it got to be a disaster zone in a day, so it won't get clean in a day.

Thinking ahead, to the next round, (nothing like counting those chickens before they're hatched, I say) I've got "internal" de-cluttering to do: inside the shelves, inside the credenza, inside the coat closet. And, I've got my to-do list: replacing the speaker wire, adding more shelves, moving a picture, hanging the new curtains. And, I've got "big item" de-cluttering: getting rid of an extra chair... Does the list never end?!?!

All-in-all, it looks 1000% better, already, compared to Sunday morning. And, more importantly, it feels 1000% better. So, I think this 15 minutes a day thing is working for me. I'll get to all those things on my list, I guess I'll just need to break it out into 15 minute chunks of time.

I wonder what room next week is.


Cheers!
mouse

1 comment:

Trixie said...

go fly girl! these little routines make all the difference...well done! xoxoxo