Sunday, June 24, 2007

Clutter Control Weekend

Dear Friends and Family,

I woke up early this morning because of a really bad dream. And, I spent a couple of hours futzing on the computer and straining some crab stock we made last night.

While on the Weight Watchers message boards, I came across a post on clutter control, and I couldn't resist following the link. After all, the only reason this weekend isn't booked on our calendar is because I had it blocked out as a clutter control weekend.

The URL for the site is www.flylady.net. And, it was just enough motivation to make me spend 15 minutes this morning cleaning up the living room. So, what did I accomplish in my 15 minutes? I stowed away the airbed, pump, pillows, and blankets from when we had guests over (Memorial Day weekend), replaced a missing pillow on our bed, folded my evening blanket that I use when I get chilly, organized the mail for the prior owner so we can drop it off at the post office, stowed away all of the shoes by the door, tossed a pair of really ratty shoes I never wear, collected all the coasters into their holder, moved a pair of sunglasses to their proper holding spot, and added a bookmark to a book I've been reading.

I have to say, it feels good.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: