Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Electricity Usage

Dear Friends and Family,

We got our first electric bill after reprogramming the thermostat. And, I'm happy to report a significant decrease. It might be due to a cooler month, but I think July was warmer than June. I'll keep tracking and hopefully, the downward trend will continue.

In July, we used 1,067 kWh:
  • Last July, we used 1,244 kWh of electricity. That's a 14% decrease, YOY (year on year).
  • In June, we used 1,187 kWh of electricity. So, 1,067 kWh is a 10% decrease from June.
  • For 2007, we had been trending +68% YTD (year to date). Now, we're trending +43% YTD.
I wonder if we'll be able to get down to 0% by the end of the year. I've got nine more changes to make this year. Time to start thinking about the next one.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: