Sunday, August 12, 2007

Sunday: In Transit

Dear Friends and Family,

I’m on the plane now writing my posts for the last few days. Mr. mouse is sleeping next to me. And, in about 31 minutes when my battery runs out, I’ll join him for a nap and finish up the rest from home.

What We Did

Our friend drove us to the airport and waited on line with us forever while we waited to check-in. Then, he went home and we headed from Izmir to Istanbul. We bought tickets for the return trip because we knew flights would be full. And, because Mr. mouse wanted to make sure I got my rest on the twelve hour flight, he bought business class tickets for the both of us. I have to say, it’s a first for us to buy business class tickets. But, right now, I’m so savoring it.


We slept on the first leg of our journey. Then, we hung out in the airport lounge (compliments of our tickets) between the two flights. Finally, we did a little duty free browsing before boarding our flight.

What We Ate


We slept through breakfast on the first leg of the journey. We had the cold plate appetizer sampler, followed by salad and grilled eggplant. Then, I had the shish kebab lunch and Mr. mouse had the grilled sea bass. I had a fruit salad and then we split the apple strudel and the chocolate cake.

What I Learned

I must look really different and Turkish security must be a lot tighter. Several people did a long study of my passport before letting me through. One even asked me to remove my glasses so he could get a closer look at my face. I’ve got eight years left on the passport. This could get interesting if my face evolves anymore.

Okay, off to proofread.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: