Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Happy Birthday, mouse

Dear Friends and Family,

birthday cake
It's my birthday.

Mr. mouse will be taking me out to dinner later tonight. But, besides that, we don't have anything big planned. Turkey was my birthday trip and birthday present all rolled into one.

What can I say about the last year? It went really quickly, in a blink of an eye, truth be told. But, it was a big year with a lot of good things. Mr. mouse and I are together now. I enjoy my work. I reached my goal weight. I have a retirement plan. I love my home and my hometown. And, most importantly, I am at peace. I think it comes across to others. I had a chance to catch up with several girlfriends at the conference earlier this month. And, several remarked I seem happier and calmer and more at peace. I'd glad. It means a lot to me.

What does this mean for the upcoming year? It might be time to revisit my Top 3 list.
  1. Even if I've reached my goal weight, my wellness is still a priority to me. I am working to understand what maintenance and lifetime truly mean. I'm been a little lackadaisical about it all the past couple of weeks. Maybe that's what it's about. Or maybe, I just need to work it through my system and I'll go back to being "good." I'm not sure. But, I'll continue to report out each Tuesday to keep me honest. I need to start hitting the gym again. We have a workout challenge kicking off at work soon. This will motivate me.
  2. The mouse house. There's a lot of things bundled in here. There's the 15 minutes a day routine which I need to pick up again. There's the carbon footprint which I am committed to reducing. There's the leaks we need to fix. And, there's making increased payments on it to decrease our mortgage balance. It's all work in progress. But, given our track record, it'll be a work in progress until the day we put it on the market. To be honest, this should be #3 on the list, but since it was on it before, I'll leave it as #2.
  3. And, introducing a new contestant to the mouse Top 3 arena. I am beginning to mull doing "research" and "preparation" on the whole baby thing. Maybe we will. Maybe we won't. We'll see.

I end with the same line as last year since it's still applicable. I'm sure the year to come will be exciting, but, all in all, this past year wasn't all that bad either.


Cheers!
mouse

2 comments:

Trixie said...

Happy Day Mousie! Cheers to you!

I think it's hysterical that you are 'beginning to mull doing "research" and "preparation"'...you know, like, um, maybe I'll get ready to look into it and stuff...? But yes, knowledge and research is definitely good - remember though that this is a decision that also has to be considered by the heart...no data can support that. xoxoxo

Hey There said...

Just Do It.