Tuesday, May 26, 2009

05.26.09: Mr. mouse - Pioneer Time

Dear Friends and Family,

I love long weekends.

While my weekend revolved around the feeding and caring of Pioneer, it was so nice to have Mr. mouse home for three days.

Saturday, we went for a walk in the neighborhood and to the park. There was a wake of oohs and aahs as we walked. People remarked on Pioneer's tiny size and on her shocking amount of hair and asked us how old she was. We could have charged admission.

Sunday, we attempted the supermarket, but it was too cold and too loud for Pioneer. So, she and I went back to the car while Mr. mouse finished up the groceries.

Monday, we made hand and foot prints and ordered our birth announcements. I spent some time filling out our baby journal while Mr. mouse napped with Pioneer.

We've been weighing Pioneer on our kitchen scale. It seems like she's back at her birth weight and gaining steadily. We'll get the official weigh in at the doctor's this Thursday.

As for me, I've crossed the boundary from "overweight" back to "normal" weight with this week's weigh in. I haven't jumped on the Weight Watchers band wagon yet. I've been focused on Pioneer's weight gain, not my weight loss. But, I am happy to see the scale continue to slowly work its way downward. I've still got 24 pounds to go, so there's plenty more I still need to work through. But, if I'm losing 1-2 pounds a week, then I'm fine going about it without the tracking for now. I'll start tracking once the weight loss tapers off.

Well, that's about it for now.


Cheers!
mouse

1 comment:

Trixie said...

that nursing ROCKS for the weight loss, huh? at this rate you won't NEED ww again girlfriend! go P!!