Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Week 3: How Do You Stop Time?

Dear Friends and Family,

At the time, twelve weeks of maternity leave seemed like heaven. And, it seemed like a long enough stint of time to really spend quality time with Pioneer and get myself geared back up for work.

Now, it seems like time is racing by quicker than I ever imagined possible. I'm half way through week three. And, it'll be half way through week four by the time my mom leaves.

Mr. mouse and I will have weeks five, six and seven together. And, then, I've got one short month before going back to work.

I know Mr. mouse's dad and step-mom want to visit and spend time with Pioneer. On the one hand, I want my time with Mr. mouse and Pioneer to be just time for the three of us to bond as a family. On the flip side, I don't want to lose another week or two of time in July either.

I guess, ultimately, I'll leave it up to Mr. mouse to schedule the time. I told him that the first half of June is pretty important to me as alone time. They've got a right to spend time with Pioneer and I've got to trust Mr. mouse to make it all work. I just wish they'd finalize their plans so I can manage my expectations.

In a perfect world, I'd have my mom through this weekend and then Mr. mouse starting next Monday. But, it is what it is. And, in the long run, a week isn't going to make or break my leave. I guess I just need to remember, I don't live in a perfect world. I just need to make the most of the world I do live in.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: