Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Three Ways of Knowing

Dear Friends and Family,

I've always categorized knowing something into three different categories.

There's knowing something with your head. That's factual knowing. For example, I "know" that if I don't water my plants they will eventually die. It's generally reliable and repeatable.

Then, there's knowing something with your gut. That's instinctual knowing. For example, I "know" that this summer is going to fly. It's less reliable and less repeatable, but sometimes the only thing you have to go off of.

And, last but certainly not least, there's knowing something with your heart. That's knowing based on faith. I "know" I love Mr. mouse. It's something I "know" so deep it's core to who I am.

Things can shuffle amongst categories from gut to head or to heart and vice versa.

Yesterday, don't laugh, I made the leap on Pioneer. Up until now, I knew Pioneer was coming, in my head, but I didn't really get it. And, out of nowhere, I finally got it. We're going to be parents. And, it's in my heart now. Funny how that works.


Cheers!
mouse

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

You'll know it even more the first time you hold them and touch them. It's undescribable.

Trixie said...

ah mouse, as usual - so eloquently observed. ;)

and about the digging deep - well, you worked at vpr which clearly means you can do ANYTHING for a set amount of time. the good news? being pregnant has an end date, whereas vpr seemed to go on for eternity!

luck and love. thinking of you lots!!

xoxox-
trix