Sunday, July 09, 2006

Austin Trip Recap

Dear Friends and Family,

We're back. The trip to Austin was a lot of fun. Flights on Friday were non-eventful. We landed in Austin close to midnight and drove over to our hotel. We slept in and got complimentary room service breakfast the next morning. Nice!

We went to Central Market, Mr. mouse's favorite supermarket to window shop. We ended up picking up two heirloom cantaloupes, a bottle of wildflower honey and a bottle of Sabrett's Onions in Sauce. Huh? Sabrett's onions are the onions used in New York City push carts on hot dogs and it's a taste I grew up with. I can't wait to try them. Mr. mouse is going to hunt down some new hot dogs, as well, based on a
NY Times article I read. I'll let you know what I learn.

The ceremony itself was good. I had never been to an Eagle Scout Court of Honor before. Getting to catch up with everyone afterwards was fabulous! I can't wait until the mouse house is a thing of the past. We'll have weekends free to visit all of our friends instead of the never ending list of stuff that needs to be done.

They catered in
Salt Lick for dinner. I was good with portion control and resisted the ribs and sausage. The brisket and chicken were so yummy. I forgot how much I love the stuff. We also picked up fajitas and tamales from Pappasito's to bring back home with us.

Mr. mouse wanted to visit Waterloo Records before heading to the hotel. He also had a craving for
Amy's Ice Cream. At Waterloo, we discovered GIANT Uglydolls. How could we resist? We got Babo, Wage and Tray. We're such geeks.

This morning's flight was uneventful. We've got an afternoon of chores ahead of us, but that's okay. Taking yesterday off was definitely worth it. We're so proud of our neighbor. He's grown from a little kid into a wonderful young man. I was so happy for him yesterday. It was also the first chance he had to catch up with Mr. mouse since we had moved last July.

Hope your weekend was as much fun as ours.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: