Friday, July 07, 2006

Heaven #1, Heaven #2, Heaven #3

Dear Friends and Family,

Last night Trixie and I went over to a friend's house for dinner. We went out for dinner, a delicious Neapolitan pizza with salad - heaven #1. And, then walked back to his place to catch up. He's got raspberry bushes in the backyard and I went berrying for the first time. It was so much fun. The berries are SO good fresh off the bush, I confess to eating several while picking - heaven #2. Hmm... I wonder if we can grow them at the mouse pad... Built a toasty fire, and the three of us just vegged in front of it. I love fires... And, to top it all off, s'mores. They're surprisingly not too bad for you if you use good chocolate - heaven #3.

I left feeling great with a bag full of food - leftover pizza, raspberries and (don't ask) a container of yogurt for my breakfast this morning.

Don't ask how or why, but I got into a big ole fight with Mr. mouse on the way home. What is wrong with us?!?! This time over what to get our neighbor for his Eagle Scout Court of Honor gift. I guess I have a ton of baggage from growing up and he just hit the right chord. But, I don't think it's that simple. Definitely something to think about, because that makes four fights in the past week all over completely inconsequential topics. Next weekend, we have friends visiting at the mouse pad. Maybe, the weekend after, we should take a day to ourselves and try to talk through everything. Or, maybe I need to do some navel gazing. Sadly, I think this is more about my issues than anything Mr. mouse is contributing to. Mea culpa.

Tea, yogurt, and some of those fabulous berries from last night - then, I'm off to the gym with my workout buddy. See you Sunday.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: