Friday, July 21, 2006

Mouse Girlfriends

Dear Friends and Family,

I went out last night with a group of girlfriends from my first job here. It was the funniest night, we ran into two men while we were out - my current boss (their former boss) whom all of us detest and a former colleague we all love. It felt like the night was meant to be.

What I love about the group is the open conversation we can have. We've all had ups and downs and can talk about it with each other. It's tough for me talk about my failures. But, with this group, I can. They're so supportive and non-judgmental. That's why every girl needs her girlfriends.

I'm not sure what future generations will say about the strong women of today, the ones who make life work for them on their own terms. I hope we can be a positive role model for younger women to challenge the stereotypes and truly pursue happiness on their own grounds not expectations set on them by society at large. I hope they're even stronger in their character, goals and dreams than we are. I think that's why I love mentoring, to be able to connect with and support people. Should I become a high school guidance counselor? How cool would that be?

Back to reality. Off to get ready for work.


Cheers!
mouse

1 comment:

Trixie said...

sniff. sniff. i don't really need to be tearing up at this early hour of the day, mousie. :) but very well put - it's up to us to figure out how to set the tone, not only for the future, but for each other too. you're the best, sister. and you'd be a hell of a guidance counselor too!!