Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Life with a Holter Monitor

Dear Friends and Family,

Post #2 for this morning...

I got outfitted with the Holter monitor yesterday. It's not hugely uncomfortable, but there is a constant checking to make sure everything looks like it's still attached. Last night's sleep, one of the worst I've had in a long time. Lots of trying to find a comfortable position with all of the wires.

When I got "installed", the technician had problems with the orange probe. She moved it and then re-attached it with a second adhesive dot. I was a little skeptical but figured she knew what she was doing. Like as not last night, the sucker fell off. So, I re-attached it this morning with a new dot. I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! #$%@!, I knew it! I should have re-did it yesterday afternoon.

Hopefully, there wasn't a ton of information from when I was sleeping. Still, it's 6 of my precious recorded 48 hours...


Cheers!
mouse

1 comment:

Trixie said...

Well mousie, it sounds like you're getting on famously with your new couture. Hang in there sister. Next time you'll know to do the dot before anything ploinks off. Learning. xoxox