Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Macaroni Grill - Chicken Florentine Salad

Dear Friends and Family,

We went out for lunch yesterday at work to Macaroni Grill.

I printed out their menu from Weight Watchers ahead of time so I could plan out my meal. I was really surprised, they've been busy adding a lot of restaurants to their database making eating out a lot easier than it was before. For instance, they had Chipotle, Starbucks, Caribou and lots more. Now, I can just look and see what's low in points instead of having to go to the restaurant's website, look for nutritional info, then type it in. Much easier.

With my new 20 point limit, I was originally planning on a 4 point lunch. So, I looked at the menu ahead of time to see what four points would buy me. Either the house Caesar salad without dressing or the house garden salad without dressing for two points. Lentil bean soup would be another two points. We had a plan.

They were out of the soup. They had Italian Herb... Fortunately, I printed out the list and brought it with me in case a friend wanted to peek and check. So, I ordered the Chicken Florentine Salad without dressing. It was a nice blend of chopped salad and orzo with olives, capers, sun dried tomatoes, and other bits. Total cost? Seven points. My fall back was the Margherita Pizza. Half the pie is 10 points, so 50% more than the salad, but, it's pizza.

If we go back to Macaroni Grill, I'd probably order the Chicken Florentine Salad again.



Macaroni Grill Chicken Florentine Salad

Cheers!
mouse

PS: categories functional :) I'll be adding historical information once I have the time and motivation...

1 comment:

Trixie said...

love the categories! i have html envy!! looking forward to the game tomorrow - xoxox