Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Orville Redenbacher's Smart Pop Butter Mini Bags Microwave Popcorn

Dear Friends and Family,

Happy Halloween!

Orville Redenbacher's Smart Pop PopcornSo, why the popcorn, today? It's not the healthiest food, nor the tastiest. It's microwave popcorn, after all. But, if you happen to stop by the mouse house this afternoon incognito, it's what we'll be handing out as treats...

Last year, we did full size candy bars (score!) but had ~12 trick-or-treaters so I had a bunch of bars left over. This year, I didn't want the temptation of candy lying around the house so we scoured the local Target for trick-or-treat ideas that wouldn't be sitting around the house for a year gathering dust if we didn't get enough trick-or-treaters. It's lower in fat than candy and you don't have to worry about kids with nuts allergies. Mr. mouse wanted to hand out stickers or some other trinket. Maybe next year we'll do that. Although, by next year, we should be at the mouse pad which is not Halloween friendly.

Weight Watchers info? 1 point per mini bag. I had one last night. It's a good alternative to chips if you MUST have something in hand while watching TV. It's also got the benefit of being pre-portioned out, so you know when to stop. I'll eat through the leftovers, but I don't think it'll become a staple in the mouse household.


Cheers!
mouse

1 comment:

Trixie said...

Ok, I buy these for my house. See, the darling tall boy is a major popcorn hound. He can eat a "normal" bag by himself, but will allow me to split with him. However, I cannot eat a whole bag solo, so I buy these teeny ones for myself! Love the concept and while I'm not the same BIG popcorn fan as he is, I do love a pop now and then!