Thursday, October 26, 2006

Orlando Trip, Day 2

Dear Friends and Family,

Wow. Yesterday was a long day. We had meetings straight through to 6 o'clock. What was tough was the afternoon break-out sessions were geared toward our team members, but we had to slough through them as best we could.

We went out for dinner last night with everyone and then three of us decided to go for a walk rather than going out for the drinking and dancing. I was glad since I'm not much of a drinker anymore and was never much of a dancer. I really got to know both of my colleagues so much better. They're really cool people. We spoke a lot about what it means to be a woman in the workforce and how to balance family and work. I got a lot of perspective from the both of them.

We've got more sessions this morning before we meet with our smaller team this afternoon. I'm looking forward to the afternoon meeting.

Sorry the posts have been short yesterday and today. I don't have as much time in the morning to capture my thoughts on "paper" while I'm down here.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: