Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Sunny, but Cold

Dear Friends and Family,

I'm in Florida. It's sunny but cold here.

We've got a holiday leadership meeting over the next two days. Yesterday was a cultural immersion and the business case on diversity. Today is department-specific strategies. Thursday, I meet with my Miami team for one last time before the holidays. Uh, how the #$%@! did the year go so quickly?

I love these inspirational moments. Times like these, the company is a great company. Maybe it's just my department. That's probably the case. If you asked me if I would recommend the company to others, I think I can honestly say I can. It's just if you get caught in an odd loop like Trixie, Frenchie or me, it's just tough finding a niche and a career path. But, the company overall, I can recommend it. It's the best I've worked at so far.

I was tempted to take Friday as a vacation day and stay in Florida for a long weekend. But, as I mentioned before, I opted not to, and take another quiet weekend at home instead. Still, it's good to be down here for work, again.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: