Friday, October 20, 2006

PRODUCT(RED)

Dear Friends and Family,

Warning: Politics and religion ahead. You've been warned.

Need to rewind the story to one of the last times we were in London... Not sure if it was last year on our way back from the Brugge (also spelled Bruges) or on our way back from the Maldives or from Scotland. The exact time and location matters not... Suffice it to say, awhile ago...

It's when I first saw the Motorola MOTOSLVR Red. I wanted one BADLY. First, it's red, which is so cool. Second, it's an ipod, which is so cool. Third, even more important, it supports a cause I feel passionately about... AIDS relief in Africa.


We were in Africa a couple of years ago, on safari. The absolute sheer raw beauty of the place takes your breath away. It's the birthplace of the world as we know it. I'm not a outright religious person, but to see Africa is to see beauty in creation and in Mother Nature's creatures.

Africa, for being so rich and bountiful, is also so poor. The people, it brings tears to my eyes. They live with so little. We live with so much. It seems so unfair. Politicians have long been big on the Middle East, there's easy oil there after all. What's the reward for being big in Africa? Well, maybe there's no real reward. A de-stabilized Africa doesn't scare our politicians the way a de-stabilized Middle East does...

That's why I SO look up to Bono for taking up the cause of Africa. AIDS relief isn't glamorous, it isn't about self-enrichment. It's about giving back to people who need it so desperately. All the other celebrities getting involved. It makes me glad because people need to be aware!

The phone... Well, buying it in Europe would be a boatload of money because phones there aren't subsidized. Then, there would be the tricky business of unlocking it. Then, the tricky business of porting my cell phone number to a GSM network. Then, if all the stars aligned, I'd be in business. Decided at the time to wait and not get lost in the complexities.

Well, now, it's here. Well, not MOTOSLVR, but MOTORAZR is and the ipod is and I'm nearly giddy trying to decide which products to buy to show my support of the cause. I am so excited! I can hardly wait.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: