Monday, October 09, 2006

Motor City, USA

Dear Friends and Family,

The SD card is not cooperating, so no photos until I can figure it out.

Friday evening, I flew out to see Mr. mouse. We had my favorite for dinner and then turned in early for an early morning trip out to southeastern Michigan to see friends, eat broasted chicken and get our teeth cleaned.

Saturday night was a bit of a scare. I'm not sure if you remember a small postscript from awhile ago. I had a heart scare one night. Next day, went to urgent care and they said they couldn't diagnose unless I was having an incident right then and there... It went away. Seemed like a one-time freak incident. Didn't think twice about it.

Last Thursday night, it felt weird again. Not for long. Not in the same way. Just not quite right. And, then, Friday, at work, it happened again. A noticeable change in the "depth" of each heart beat. Fifteen minutes later... Nada mas... Hmm... Saturday morning, again, not quite right. A slight discomfort and uneasiness. It goes away after I sleep and eat. Doesn't bother me enough to keep my from playing tackle football with BB and JB who are 80 and 83 pounds apiece and unable to really do serious damage yet. Saturday night... There it is again... And, five hours later, it's still bugging me. So, we head into the emergency room.

They take a bunch of blood to run some tests. They take an EKG to make sure I'm not having a heart attack. They take x-rays to check for blood clots. All they come up with is perhaps I have an inflammation of the sack around my heart. I get discharged and sent home. They strongly recommend I go to an doctor to get further testing done. Fortunately, I scheduled an appointment for today, three weeks ago when I had the first incident.

Sunday, Mr. mouse let me sleep in. I slept until 2:30 pm, considering we got home from the hospital around 3 am... Flew home Sunday evening. Quiet night last night. Still slight discomfort this morning.

One thing I learned in the hospital is how different the body is awake and asleep. Awake, my resting heart rate is ~70 bpm. Asleep, it's closer to ~45 bpm. Wow. That's a big difference. I committed to myself that I'd get more sleep on a regular basis. It does a body good.

Off to have my tea. Happy Monday, everyone.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: