Monday, October 01, 2007

10.01.07: Weekend at Home

Dear Friends and Family,

Much as I love the travel, I have to admit, the weekends at home are nice as well.

Friday night, after dinner, we walked to the gym together. Mr. mouse signed up for a membership as well. Yeah! Then, we drove out to the bar to watch qualifying for the Japanese F1 race. We thought it was on at 11 pm, so it was a mad dash to get there. But, it was on at midnight, so we had all the time in the world. I ordered an espresso and a margherita pizza. Mr. mouse had a diet coke and the Polish plate (pierogis, polish sausage, sauerkraut, mashed potatoes and a stuffed cabbage). We watched qualifying and then came home and went to sleep.

Saturday, we didn't get up until almost noon. We spent the day up in Schaumburg running errands. We returned a bunch of clothes. We picked up the rest of my fall wardrobe. It feels good to know I'm done with the mad clothes dash. Theoretically, next winter, 80% of what I own will still fit. I'll need to augment, but this 100% turn thing will be done. Now, it's time to overhaul Mr. mouse's wardrobe, his clothes are getting a little to ragged for work.

Saturday night we went back out to the bar for the race. This time, we didn't eat dinner beforehand. I had two espressos, French onion soup and a grilled chicken sandwich with grilled mushrooms and onions. Mr. mouse had the pork chops which looked just like wiener schnitzel and more diet coke. The race was run in the pouring rain. We got home around 2:30 in the morning and went straight to bed.

Sunday, I got up early. We spent the entire day cleaning and organizing. We finally decided on where to place the three rugs we got in Turkey. There's something about a house that's under control - all neat and everything. It makes me feel at peace and relaxed. I love it.

I have to admit. I'm tired this morning. With staying up late both Friday and Saturday and with waking early on Sunday and sleeping poorly last night, I'm looking forward to my nap on the bus. Speaking of which, with joining the gym here, I'm seriously considering selling the car and doing the bus thing 100% of the time. Then, I can sleep every day.


Cheers!
mouse

1 comment:

Trixie said...

oh you're IN CONTROL house sounds lovely - I am jealous! and I can't believe the reformer sessions are free - I mean, who on earth does that? maybe it's the pilates lifecycle - first so expensive and exclusive that no one could do the machines, just mat classes. then more reasonable, now free with your monthly contribution!? lovely - enjoy that and take advantage, mousie! xoxox