Friday, October 12, 2007

Cold Mouse

Dear Friends and Family,

It's cold in here. I'm still holding out on the turning on the heat front. We pulled out the winter comforter last night and piled it on top of our summer comforter. And, I've been wearing socks in the house. And, Mr. mouse has been grumbling that I've turned into a nut job. But, technically, it's not even cold yet. The EPA recommends settings of 68° to 74° in the winter, going as low as 50° when the building isn't occupied. I'm going to try for 58° when we're not here and/or we're asleep and 68° for the rest of the time. We'll see. I think this will be the hardest adjustment yet. For now, I'll just huddle in my blanket as I blog and have my morning tea. Fortunately, it'll start getting warmer today through Oct 23rd when I can turn on the heat.

It's worth it. Global warming is a problem. I can do this.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: