Monday, October 15, 2007

10.15.07: Weekend at Home

Dear Friends and Family,

Boy, did the weekend fly.

We had dinner at home on Friday night - bison steaks, brown rice, grilled zucchini and caramelized onions. Mr. mouse listened to the baseball game on the radio before we both turned in for the night. It was super cold and I was tempted to turn on the heat, but we didn't. We made it through. Eight more days to go. Fortunately, some clouds moved in and it's supposed to stay warmer until 10/22. And, I can do one more cold day. Oct 23rd. I can make it.

Saturday morning we got up super late. And, we ran errands all day. We dropped off some clothes at a consignment shop. We went to the book store and picked up two books. And, we went to the grocery store to pick up supplies for a potluck we were going to Saturday night.

The theme for the potluck was Japanese food. We brought three types of grilled rice balls stuffed with salmon, Korean beef, and carrots. And, we brought one of the hits of the night - Japanese brown curry. We made it with chicken, potatoes, carrots and onions. I saved two servings for myself. I love Japanese brown curry. I'm glad Mr. mouse thought to make it. I didn't think others would like it. But, one of the guys asked if he could take the leftovers, so I'm assuming people liked it. We met a bunch of new people. I can't wait for the next one. I think it's a recurring thing - the next one is Greek food. I'm thinking dolmades, maybe skordalia. We'll see.

Sunday morning we got up super late again. I spent Sunday morning trying to sort through all of the pre-natal vitamin requirements in the two books and on WebMd vs. my Canyon Ranch multi-vitamins. According to WebMD, I'm good. According to one book I need more iron. And, according to the other book, I need a million and one supplements. I have to say I was thoroughly confused and feeling 100% inadequate to the task by the time I was done reading. So much for research.

We sorted through more clothes and dropped off seven bags at a donation point. And, one bag at Plato's Closet. We went to Ann Taylor Loft for a pair of pants, a sweater and two tank tops. Then, we went to Bloomingdale's for slacks for Mr. mouse. They've gone seriously upscale with their assortment - $150+ slacks for men. We went to Macy's next. And, found some that work for everyday wear. We went out for dinner to Brasserie Jo. And, when we got home, we fell asleep on the couch. And, that was the weekend.


Cheers!
mouse

1 comment:

Trixie said...

which books did you settle on? yes, bloomie's really should be a lot higher end than macy's but honestly bloomie's dumbed down the midwest stores. i hate this one here and i used to work there! they just rounded the corners too much for my taste. at least you guys also have barneys and the other cool places if you want to run upscale! and macy's if you don't! do you have lord & taylor too? love love love that store. stay warm mousepeople - hey, maybe this low heat thing will move the whole baby thing along?!?! :) xoxoxo