Tuesday, October 09, 2007

10.09.07: Weekly Weigh In

Dear Friends and Family,

weigh in: 117

When I reached goal, I thought it was going to be a constant struggle with the scale. I was so used to 18 points, I was petrified of adding additional points to the plan. Now that I'm entering week 12 of maintenance, I realize it's a much trickier balancing game.

Today I weighed in at 116.5. Last week, I ate 24 a day + 35 flex + my activity. At this point, technically, I'm supposed to add 2 more points to the daily routine and up it to 26. Frankly, I'm not sure I want to. I'm full at 24. I graze constantly at work on granola bars and chocolate. I eat three square meals a day. I have dessert a couple of times a week. And, we eat out a couple of times during the week. In short, I'm not feeling deprived and I'm not sure I'm the Queen of Good Decisions as far as what I use my extra points for. It's like giving Republicans money... maybe some point restraint isn't a bad thing.

I guess what I'm getting at is even if I weighed in low this week, I'm not going to add the points in. I'll eat 24 a day + 35 flex + my activity this week and see how it plays out. Maybe next week I'll be mentally ready to add more points.


Cheers!
mouse

PS: I totally forgot to write about my 1 pack. It's been slowly emerging as the belly fat disappears. Yeah, mouse!

No comments: