Thursday, October 18, 2007

Catching Up on Smaller Threads

Dear Friends and Family,

There's a lot of snippets today.
  1. It's fall. The leaves have all been changing this week. I'm stunned at how quickly 2007 has gone. There's four more weeks until Thanksgiving. Wow! It'll be 2008 before you know it. I love this time of year when the season's change. I think that was the hardest part about living in Texas, not having the seasons.
  2. Friend. She came out to interview almost a month ago. It's been a slow process to say the least. I've got my fingers quadruple crossed that we sort this out in the next couple of weeks. It's bordering on ridiculous.
  3. I had coffee yesterday with a friend at work. We had the funniest thing happen awhile back with our first day shirts. Yesterday, I was running late to our meeting. I was walking down some circular stairs and I saw him waiting by the coffee shop. But, I was four flights up. I called out his name. He didn't hear me. I walked down a flight and called out his name again. He looked around, but didn't see me. I walked down another flight of stairs and called out his name again, but not as loudly, since I didn't want everyone around us to think I was a crazy person. He looks around, but I don't think he heard me on a conscious level. He starts walking away. I look for an interception point. It's either one level up or one level down. Both seem too far. I make a split decision to run for it on the lower level. He makes a happen chance decision to turn down a later corridor. The two combined meant I was able to catch up to him and meet him for our meeting. We both had a another great laugh. Those little things totally make my day.
  4. I had dinner last night with a girlfriend from work. She reminds me of Frenchie - someone I love on a personal level, but someone who has a totally different work style. Isn't it funny how that happens? I still miss Frenchie. We went to Sushi Station and gorged on sushi while chatting about work and life. Then, she dropped me off at the bus station.
  5. Mr. mouse and I went to the gym last night. I need to work out more often. I hope to get a lot of walking in this weekend.

Cheers!
mouse

No comments: