Thursday, October 11, 2007

Action Item #7: Winter Thermostat Setting

Dear Friends and Family,

Wow, they weather can turn on a dime here! Sunday it was a blistering 88° and Tuesday morning it was 56°. Last night, waiting for Mr. mouse to pick me up, it was a brisk 53°. I promised myself I wouldn't turn on the heat until October 23rd, so I have another 12 more days to go before the changeover. I'm wearing socks and a long sleeve shirt at home, something I never do.

And, when I do make the switch from A/C to heat, I have some aggressive settings for the thermostat. The house will be set at 58° for when we're asleep and when we're at work. And, it'll be set at 68° for when we're up in the morning and when we're up in the evening. That's 10°-20° cooler than the 78° I enjoy. This one, I'm not sure I can maintain. But, I'm willing to give it a try.

2007 Action Plan
  1. 07.20: I pledge to make a difference.
  2. 07.20: I will track my electrical consumption.
  3. 07.20: I will keep the house at 78°+ for the summer.
  4. 08.16: I will unplug the blow dryer.
  5. 09.01: I will try compact fluorescent light bulbs.
  6. 09.02: I will replace the dishwasher.
  7. 10.11: I will keep the house at 58°/68° for the winter.

Cheers!
mouse

No comments: